Many parents believe that Victorville pediatric care is only for infants, toddlers, or very young elementary school children. However, quality pediatric care actually extends well into adolescence as teenagers still require specialized care for their not yet fully matured body systems. Pediatric care provides teenagers with safe spaces to share their concerns about their changing bodies and to ask health care questions that will prove to be quite important as they head into adulthood.
Your Victorville pediatrician will be able to provide many types of health care services to adolescents at Kids 1st Pediatrics. Services can include the following:
- Care for acute illnesses
- Care for chronic diseases
- Physical examinations for school or college entrance requirements or for sports programs
- Help for issues with growth or development
- Reproductive health care
- General health care education
- Help for learning disabilities or school issues
- Help for eating disorders
- Nutritional guidance
- Drug and alcohol counseling
- Dermatological care
Because your Victorville pediatrician is highly attuned to the problems that afflict this age group, she has the knowledge and skills to deal with a variety of issues, including general health care and mental health counseling. When problems do go beyond her range of practice, she will be able to recommend a specialist who can provide in-depth care.